Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Garden Flower Afghan

I have been working on this afghan for well over a year...not every night, but occasionally. Mostly while watching KU basketball games and long trips to Kansas. Like our adoption process, this project has really been dragging out...but nothing lights your fire like a photo of your sweet little girl...and so I finally finished it!
 The original pattern came from Lion Brand Yarn and was much smaller. This is a great pattern because you can add to it to make it as big as you want. I like this size because it's the perfect size for a crib mattress.
Benjamin and Jackson have requested an afghan, too. Luckily, my Aunt Kathleen made Benjamin a sweet little afghan when he was baby. I quickly reminded him he already had one in his room and he ran off to get it.
Benjamin Snuggling with his Afghan
I will start on Jackson's afghan next...after we get back from China!

2 comments:

  1. Wow...that is amazing! I can't imagine tackling a project that intricate. It is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, nice work! She's really going to love it.

    ReplyDelete