Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Immigration Approval

We have officially received approval from the US government to adopt one girl from China under the age of three. Hooray! We have also officially received approval from the Chinese government to adopt Song Ying Huan...also know as Lillian Mei Lee Felix. Woohoo! Below are the only photos we currently have of Lillian. In these photos she is 5 months old...but turned 9 months old this week.
All children adopted from this Social Welfare Institute (SWI) are photographed with the same background, pink chair, and red jacket...red being "lucky" in China.
We are allowed one update between referral (February 27) and travel. I wanted an update right away, but my agency advised me to wait until closer to travel...which was good advise, but I won't lie...it's really hard to wait! I have decided to request an update at the beginning of May and it can take anywhere from a week to two weeks to get a reply. We are able to ask 10 questions and will get a few new photographs. I have no idea what questions to ask...10 question to sum up 9 months of your child's life that you have missed?!

In the mean time, I will continue with my retail therapy. I started going every couple of days after referral, but have slowed down to every couple of weeks. LOL! I was doing pretty good until Thursday...when I had to use my gymbucks...yes, HAD to use them. I may have overdone it...just a little!

TRAVEL UPDATE:  We originally told you that we would be traveling sometime in late July or August, but thing have been moving very quickly for us. We are now hoping to travel sometime in June! My prediction...June 21.

1 comment: