Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Backyard Photos

I wanted to create a "Welcome Home" announcement for Lily and realized I hadn't taken any photos of Lily since we have been home...other than a few on my iPhone. So, for the last couple of days I have had a mini photo session in my backyard. My photography instructor said taking photos of children was hard work and a good workout...she wasn't kidding! My next photography purchase will be a tripod and a remote. It is very difficult to jump around like a crazy person to keep the kids smiling and hold a camera!

I have to admit my most cooperative subject was Lucy. She really loves attention...even when there is a camera involved...and will do anything for a treat. I used her to help get the lighting accurate before I brought my kids outside.
Lily did really well having her photo taken, but like Bennie, she has her own ideas. She loves to smile with her tongue sticking out.
Each session lasted for about 10 minutes and out of about 60 photos taken, only a few were good enough to post.
Then I got a crazy idea and thought it would be fun to have a picture of all the kids together. Talk about an insane ten minutes! I don't think I have ever worked so hard in my life. Jackson was so good, but Lily and Bennie didn't really want to cooperate. I should have kept the outtakes...they were really funny!
The Jayhawk Trio


3 comments:

  1. Amy - I loved your blog. Your photography is beautiful - almost as beautiful as that smile on Lilly's face!! What a sweetie! It was truly a pleasure traveling with your family.
    Sandy Zwayer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos Amy. Send me a high-resolution file of Lily in that chair. We need a photo of her in our house :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean... at least for now... cause Shauna is moving all the time... I put my camera on 'Sports Mode'... at least that way I can get a few photos where it looks like she is still... lol... still wanting to go somewhere different and lose myself with my camera...

    ReplyDelete