Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Light at the End of the Tunnel

Sorry we haven't been keeping in touch. I wanted to blog every day, but I'm not sure what I was thinking...I have three kids!!! Who has time to blog with three kids???

We have had a rough couple of days. Lily's first day was so wonderful and we felt so blessed to have an easy transition, but then all went down hill. She is teething...3 teeth are coming in at the same time. Needless to say that has made things difficult. She was also constipated and emotionally shutting down. We went through two days of pacing the room...literally. If we were not moving, she was screaming. Poor Lily...who could blame her. Yesterday afternoon something changed. I'm not sure what it was, but she has decided we aren't half bad and her sweet personality has finally come to the surface. And this morning...after three days...she finally pooped. I usually won't be too excited about poop, but in this case I made an exception.

The last couple of days have been busy with paperwork appointments so nothing too exciting, but today we went to the Safari Park. It is a must see in my opinion and the boys loved it. Below are a few photos of Gotcha Day and the Safari Park. Tomorrow we will go to the orphanage. I am anxious to see what Lily's life was like for the first year and what her home town is like, although I have a pretty good idea.

 


I'm having trouble loading photos, so I will try to add the Safari photo later.

3 comments:

  1. She is precious and so tiny! What a beautiful little girl and family. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear she is beginning to turn a corner. She is gorgeous and looks so very small. Happy for your family...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a journey! You all look wonderful together!

    ReplyDelete