Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Pearl and Jade Market

Yesterday Kelly took us to the Pearl and Jade Market where you can buy pearls and jade at wholesale prices. I was so excited. I have always wanted a jade bangle and had even planned on getting my sisters and sisters-in-law jade bangles as well. Tris, Jackson, and Bennie stayed at the hotel to swim...and it was a good thing. This place was huge and full of jewelry. I think it was seven stories high. The photo below was one end of the market.

Our guide took us to several well know dealers known for quality. Their merchandise was all beautiful and high quality...we think. Unfortunately for my sisters, jade was much more expensive than I thought. I picked out a simple jade bracelet and the price was $475 US. I will admit I was tempted to get it, but settled for something much cheaper. Needless to say, my sisters are not getting jade bracelets...sorry girls! We are hoping to come back to China in 8 years. Maybe by then I can afford a few more bracelets.

Nana and Papa Vic at one of the pearl shops.

1 comment:

  1. remember that building well... you with GWCA? Our guides name was Kelly... I got a Jade bracelet... loved it... did you get to go to the store where you could buy paintings etc...

    ReplyDelete