Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend Camping Trip

Our first camping trip of the season was Mother's Day weekend at Cherry Creek Reservoir...30 minutes east of our house. Despite the cool and rainy forecast, we decided to forage ahead with our plans. We have joined an unofficial camping club, spear headed by our neighbor and will camp with them most of the summer.
I brought my good camera, but didn't get it out. I need to get better about leaving it out while camping. There are so many great photo opportunities...and so many opportunities for the camera to get dirty! The photos for this post were taken with my iPhone.
There are lots of nice biking/walking trails at Cherry Creek so we did a little exploring. We are quite the group.
Jackson and the boys played catch over the path as we walked. I can't tell you how many close calls there were with the football and innocent bystanders.
Did you notice the big stick Bennie is carrying in every photo? He liked this stick so much and begged to take it home...I don't think so!
After our long walk, Lucy was completely worn out and cold. She ran right into the camper and found a good place to snuggle up.
Due to the rainy weather and the no burn restrictions, we spent Friday and Saturday night in the camper playing games...Pass the Pigs and Spades. Let me just say I'm terrible at both!

No comments:

Post a Comment