Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

This and That

We are on day 16 of our wait for an update. We submitted our request on May 3rd and hoped to have some news within two weeks. After some online chatting this week, I met two families that submitted their update requests on April 21st and they have not heard anything yet. I should have known better than to get my hopes up for a quick update...nothing in international adoption is quick and easy.

I have been trying to keep myself busy with end of the school year activities, our weekly trip to the zoo, swim team, and photography practice to help pass the time. Tris and the boys got me a new camera lens for Mother's Day and it's taking me some time to figure it out. I took the photos below with my new lens.

If Benjamin had his way, he would wear pajamas every day. On Monday, I told Benjamin to get dressed and I would take him to the park. He decided he would rather wear his pajamas and play in the backyard. I was in the kitchen making lunch when I heard the screech of the water spigot...so I grabbed my camera.

He tried to spray me with the hose. He is so ornery! What am I going to do with him?

I convinced him to fill up his water table and play with his fishing pole...

...which didn't last long because the water hose was too tempting. By the time water play was over, everything in our backyard was soaked...but we had fun and that's what counts.

Benjamin and I go to the zoo almost every Thursday. Here are a few pictures from this weeks trip. It was really crowded with school trips so I didn't get a lot of good photos...lots of people walking in front of the camera. Benjamin created this animal parade before we left.

Benjamin was either watching the wild horses or the wild school kids. I'm not sure which was more interesting.

And no zoo trip would be complete without a ride on the carousel. This week...the lion. 

On Friday, Jackson had field day...another great opportunity to try out my new lens. This was his favorite activity of the day. I'm glad I got to see it. The kids had to use a mini parachute to pop a ball up into the air for one person to catch and run it down the field.

Jackson with his classmate and good friend. I'm so glad they were in the same group.

After field day, Benjamin and I spent a few minutes at the playground before heading home.

1 comment:

  1. Nice photos sis. Of course now you're expected and share them so we can get new photos of the boys. The trip to the zoo looks so fun.

    ReplyDelete