Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Practice Makes Perfect?

As many of you know, I have been struggling to make sense of my camera. I know what I want the end result to look like, but my camera can't read my mind and I don't know enough to readjust the settings to make it look good. I will admit...I was tempted to go back to the automatic settings.

Several months ago I looked into an online photography class. I really wanted to take the class, but decided to wait until I got back from China when I had more time...like I would have more time when I got back??? A couple of weeks ago, this class presented itself again and I couldn't pass it up. If you are interested in a beginner class, check out Ashley Ann Photography.

What makes me laugh now...how bad my photos from China would have been if I hadn't taken this class. Can you imagine the scene in the orphanage...the director and nannies posing for the same photo over and over and over while I continually readjust the settings??? I'm sure they would have been less than thrilled! Honestly...I would probably have been so overwhelmed with all the pressure to get a good photo, that I would have reverted back to the automatic settings. Between now and our trip, I will be practicing...practicing...practicing...to make sure my photo taking becomes seamless.

I have three practice subjects:  Jackson, Bennie, and Lucy. Lucy is the most cooperative..she will do anything for a treat!
Sitting so nicely, despite our neighbor dogs' barking. She really wanted the treat!
I had a treat on the top of the camera. I love her determined look!
Benjamin is less cooperative, but will tolerate some photos if he thinks it's a game. He loves playing football like the big boys!

Running for a touchdown!

I love his smile!
His confused look...when he realizes our game is more about photo practice than playing football.
Our daily bike ride to drop Jackson off at school.
Jackson doesn't mind an occasional photo as long as his friends aren't around. After all, he does have a reputation to uphold. 
I love his smile!
Mother's Day...or Mother's Day weekend as my neighbor girls and I like to call it...is just around the corner. I'm hoping for a new camera lens. Hint! Hint! Nothing fancy. Just a little something to help me improve my photography.








2 comments:

  1. Looking good Sis. You're going to surpass me at this rate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, your kids are beautiful! And it's fun to read your blog.
    I hope the trip to China is perfect!
    Stella

    ReplyDelete