Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Travel Preparations

I want to start this post by saying we don't have a travel date yet, but once we do...we could leave in a week. Who wouldn't want to leave as soon as possible to get this cute little girl!

It's a good thing we didn't get Lillian's update before now, I have done nothing but look at her photo since I got it. There is this very strange gravitational pull to the computer and I find myself just staring at her photo. I need to print about 10 photos of her and tape them all around the house...maybe I could get some laundry done!

Today, the boys and I went in search of an inexpensive, lightweight suitcase. We finally found one at "Tuesday Mornings" and then headed home for some packing practice.

Earlier this week, I washed and ironed Lily's clothes. It took me 2 hours to iron all the ruffles and bows...2 hours!

I packed all my clothes first. If you know me well, you would be shocked at the small amount of clothes I am taking. I am a chronic over-packer. I can't help myself...but for this trip I am trying to be sensible.

Next, I packed Lillian's clothes. It's so hard to know what to take. I probable packed too much for her, but better to be safe than sorry.

Then I weighted the suitcase. On our flight, we are each allowed one 44 lb checked bag, one carry-on, and one personal bag. As you can see, I was doing pretty good...

...until I remembered I hadn't packed the gifts for the Chinese Officials, our medicine, make-up, shampoos, lotions, diapers, wipes... Ugh!

Bennie was a good helper today! He loves to play with his animals and read.

Since Big Daddy hasn't done any practice packing, Bennie decided to help him out!




We are going to have to have a serious talk with Bennie about his packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment